Museum of Biology
Director: Nguyen Lan Hung Son
MSc. Personal address: 8522046 (home),
Secretary: Nguyen Thanh Hoan
BSc. Mobile: 098.867.5942
- Providing assistance in teaching,
learning, researching of lecturers, researchers
and students and enhancing the quality of training Biological
teachers and postgraduate training.
- Helping schools, institutions and organizations to improve
the knowledge of nature and the sense of natural
- Assisting teacher training affairs at the Hanoi University
of Education and teacher training institutions in
provinces around the Northern and the Middle areas of Vietnam.
- Assisting study and research in postgraduate training.
- Providing research for cadres in and out the university,
promoting international relations to enhance the
level and quality of scientificresearch, taking part in supplementing
documents for basic research, assisting in the developing
of related departments of life sciences and enhancing the quality
- Serving schools and scientific institutions in the teaching
of biological diversity, natural resource and resource
- Serving general schools in the carrying out the education
of biological diversity and raising the sense of
protecting nature and natural resource.
- Assisting in the improvement of natural protection of the
- Collecting sightseeing fees to maintain and repair specimens
in order to cut down the State's expenditures.
Material and Technical bases:
- Room of Exhibiting birds and mammals: Keeping
as archives and exhibiting nearly 100 mammals, 120 birds
with more than 3000 specimens collected from many different
areas in the whole country where there are many rare and scientific
valuable species such as tiger, panther, tibetan bear, malayan
bear, musc deer, muntjac, black gibbon, etc.
- Room of exhibiting amphibian-reptile-fish: Keeping
as archives and exhibiting near 90 amphibian and reptile
species, 250 fish specieswith more 5000 different specimens
where there are many rare and valuable species such as Tam
Dao toad fish, Varan, Copperhead, fresh water Crocodile in
fresh, Tortoise-shell Tortoise, Ray, etc.
- Room of exhibiting Invertebrate animals: Keeping
as archives and exhibiting near 150 specimens of Mollusc
and Crustacean, 400 specimensof insect where there are many
collections of very beautiful valuable butterfly and heavy
- Laboratory of taxidermy: It was equipped
all essential facilities and chemical substanceswhich are applied
by cadres and students in learning studying and analysing specimens;
and processing and maintaining specimens.
- Museum office: Place of work for the Director's
board and museum cadres where there are a system of network
computers and specialised library.