The World-Wide Web Virtual Library
The Pacific Studies WWW Monitor
All data (and ratings) in this record were valid at the time of their
publication by The Monitor. They are not necessarily valid at
present. The Internet Archive's 'WayBack Machine' (www.archive.org) and standard
search engines can be used to
locate a missing link.
Src: The Pacific Studies Monitor ISSN 1443-8976
23 Nov 2005
Asia-Studies Full-text Online
International Information Services, Hong Kong, China
"Asia-Studies Full-text Online is the premier database [est. 2004 - ed.] for the study of modern Asia-Pacific. As the exclusive licensee for the region,s most prestigious research institutions, Asia-Studies.com brings together thousands of full-text reports covering 53 countries on a multitude of business, government, economic, and social issues.
Examples of specific subject coverage include finance, trade, environment, human resources development, best practices in government, fisheries, tourism, education and women's studies to name a few. The average study is 100 pages long, and contains statistics, research, analysis, and forecasts. Most contain statistical tables, charts, and/or graphs.
Country coverage includes all of Asia, Australia/New Zealand, the Americas Pacific Rim countries, and Pacific islands. Users can browse by country to find country specific annual statistical overviews. Multi-country and Asia-wide comparisons are also available.
Asia-Studies Full-text Online is sold by subscription, with a number of service plans available. All plans offer unlimited usage and study retrieval. Users access the website either through a campus-wide IP address service, which requires no passwords, or through individual password-protected accounts [...].
Study Providers: Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Secretariat (APEC), Singapore; Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila; Australian APEC Study Centre, Melbourne; Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS), Dhaka; Berkeley APEC Study Center (BASC), California; Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Jakarta; East-West Center, Honolulu; Institute of Developing Economies - Japan External Trade Organization, Tokyo; Institute of Policy Studies, Singapore; Japan Focus, Ithaca; Lingnan University, Hong Kong; Lowy Institute for International Policy, Sydney; Maria Fiorini Ramirez, Inc. (MFR), New York; National Center for APEC (NCAPEC), Seattle; Nautilus Institute, San Francisco; Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS), Manila; University of Hong Kong APEC Study Center and Hong Kong Institute of Economics and Business Strategy (HIEBS), Hong Kong.
Update Frequency - Monthly;
Database Size - Over 7,000 Studies;
Study File Format - PDF Full-text;
Document Browsing & Retrieval Method
- Search Engine, Alphabetical Index, Publisher Index, Statistical Flow Chart."
* Search; * About; * Subscribe; * Contact;
* Search All Studies; * Highlights; * Browse Studies by Providers (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, Asian Development Bank, Australian APEC Study Centre, CIFOR, East-West Center, IDE-JETRO, Institute of Policy Studies, Japan Focus, Lingnan University, Nautilus Institute, PIDS, University of Hong Kong); * Statistics (Key Indicators; Multi-country Studies; Asia-wide Statistics); * Sign Up for Free A-S Monthly; * Submit Paper for A-S Monthly.
Internet Archive (web.archive.org) - the site was not archived at the time of this abstract.
Link reported by: Richard Thomson (richard.thomson--at--anu.edu.au)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]: Study
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]: Business
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]: Essential
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000 - under 300 - under 100 - under 30]: 300
Return to the Pacific Studies WWW Monitor Database
Return to the Pacific Studies WWW Virtual Library
Copyright (c) 2005 by Dr T.Matthew
Ciolek, Internet Publications Bureau, Research School
of Pacific and Asian Studies, ANU